One of the best types of content for you to create for your alumni association’s website is the alumni profile. These pieces give you a chance to get closer to your members, and their nature makes them highly shareable among family members and friends of those featured.
You don’t necessarily have to focus on distinguished alumni who have major accomplishments in their fields; even focusing on the small things people are doing and achieving in their lives is a great way of showing off your membership and the many ways in which alumni of your school go on to make a difference in the world.
Of course, to produce a great alumni profile, you need to ask the right questions. These questions should be thought provoking and lead to interesting responses.
Here are a few examples of some of the best questions to ask when interviewing an alumni for your next profile piece.
- What are some of your fondest memories of your time at [school]?
- Who are some teachers, coaches or other adult figures who were in your life that made an impact on you during your time in high school, and how?
- What are some of the most important lessons you took away from your time at [school]?
- What does your life look like now, and how do you believe it was influenced by your high school experience?
- How did you become involved with our alumni association?
- What is your favorite part of being involved with our organization?
- How would you like to see our organization grow and evolve?
- What sort of advice would you give to current students at [school]?
Need some more tips for crafting great alumni profiles? Contact us at Alumni Nations today!